Ride the Train
The 2018 regularly scheduled trains run Saturdays and Sundays, April through October.
For more information about the 2018 season, departure times and pricing click below
Celebrate over 50 years of public programs at the Northwest Railway Museum.Ride the Snoqualmie Valley Railroad aboard historic railroad coaches through the Upper Snoqualmie Valley along 5.5 miles of the original 1880s Seattle Lake Shore and Eastern Railway. Standard schedule train excursions depart from both the Snoqualmie Depot and the North Bend Depot for a 2 hour round trip including a 30 minute stopover at the Railway History Center for visit in the Train Shed Exhibit Building. Following their Train Shed visit, passengers reboard the train and continue west to the top of Snoqualmie Falls with views of the scenic lower river valley. The train then goes back east with a stop at the Snoqualmie Depot. Passengers may disembark at any stop to visit and catch a later train back to their depot.
Trains operate on Saturdays and Sundays, April through October. The Snoqualmie Valley Railroad is also the centerpiece for many Museum Programs including Mother's and Father's Day Weekend Excursions, the Running Trades Volunteer Program, School Train, Santa Train, and Day Out With ThomasTM.
2018 Standard Schedule
Standard ScheduleDeparting Saturdays & Sundays, April through October*
Board in Snoqualmie, North Bend, Railway History Center or Snoqualmie Falls PSE Hydroelectric Museum**. Return on any train. Round trip: approx. one hour and forty-five minutes. Includes a stop at the Railway History Center.
38625 SE King St, Snoqualmie
4:25 PM (to Falls & back only)
North Bend Depot
205 E McClellan St, North Bend
3:30 PM (no return to North Bend)
Railway History Center
9320 Stone Quarry Rd, Snoqualmie
4:15 (to Falls & back only)
Snoqualmie Falls PSE Hydroelectric Museum**
**Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day
Standard Round Trip Fares
Senior (62+) $16.00
Child (2-12) $10.00
Children under the age of 2 are free!
* No passes, discounts, coupons or group rates accepted during Mother's and Father's Day Weekends, Railroad Days Weekend, Day Out With Thomas, Halloween Train or Santa Train.
**Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day
The Museum accepts cash, checks with a western Washington address and phone number, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Sorry, prices are subject to change without notice.
Group DiscountsThe Northwest Railway Museum is pleased to extend a discount of 10% to groups of 10 or more when one person pays for all. Groups of 20 or more that book and pay for their tickets at least one week in advance are entitled to a 20% discount. Sorry, group discounts may not be combined with any other offer.
Mothers ride free with a paying child on Mother's Day Weekend
2018 Special Events
Memorial Day Weekend - Saturday thru Monday, May 26-28, 2018. To commemorate the holiday, the museum offers a $5 roundtrip train fare to anyone with a valid current military ID card & their dependant family members.
Father's Day Weekend* - Dad rides free with a paying child of any age on Father's Day Weekend, June 16-17, 2018!
Day Out With Thomas* - Friday to Sunday, July 13-15 and July 20-22, 2018. Regular excursions will be suspended to allow for this special children's event featuring the well-known locomotive. Sorry, the Snoqualmie Depot and grounds will not be accessible to visitors without tickets. Members have an opportunity to purchase tickets in advance by mail (beginning in the spring). Please note that regular trains do not operate during this event.
North Bend Festival at Mt. Si - August 11-12, 2018.
Snoqualmie Railroad Days* - Saturday and Sunday, August 18-19, 2018.
Labor Day Weekend- Saturday thru Monday, September 1-3, 2018.
Grandparent's Grand Excursion - A grandparent rides free with a paying grandchild of any age on Grandparent's Day Weekend, September 8-9, 2018.
Halloween Train* - Saturday and Sunday, October 20-21 and October 27-28, 2018. Halloween Storytelling Train, purchase tickets the day of, regular train ride admission includes all activities.
Santa Train®* - The four weekends after Thanksgiving, 2018! Ride the Snoqualmie Valley Railroad to visit Santa Claus inside the Snoqualmie Depot. Santa Train sells out every year, so get your tickets early. Members receive early notice and a discount.
*BLACKOUT DATES: No passes, discounts, coupons or groups rates accepted.
Tips for a More Enjoyable Ride
2. Before boarding the train check out the restroom at the depot. There are no restrooms on the train, but there will be another opportunity at our half hour stop at the Railway History Center.
3. Dress for the weather. If it is a cool, rainy day, bring jackets. If it is a warm, sunny day, dress in layers to stay cool if its too warm. Bring an extra bottle of water for the ride.
4. Do the little ones need a snack? Bring a picnic and eat at the picnic tables at the Railway History Center. No snack, we got your back! Snacks are available across the street from the depot or our ticket agent at the Railway History Center carries bottled water and light snacks.
5. Bring a camera. There are some amazing views and neat artifacts along the way.
6. Turn off the phone and have fun! Take the time to enjoy what it might have been like to ride a train a hundred years ago.
- Regular train excursions are suspended during Day Out With ThomasTM, 2018. Grounds are closed to non-ticket holders.
- Train schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Please, no smoking, food, drinks or pets on the train.